- To build the bridge between Eastern and western medicine through clinical practices, education, and research.
- To strengthen the ties between conventional western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine
- To enhance the understanding of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine
- To promote the accessibility and application of acupuncture and oriental medicine
- To lower the medical cost and increase the quality of care in the American society.
Objective in the 2015-2020
- establish connections and gather expertise of the majority of BUCM alumni in the USA
- create platforms for alumni communication
- build networks for patient referral among acupuncture and oriental medicine practioners
- strengthen the communication between alumni and alma mater BUCM as well as other BUCM alumni association
- facilitate the development of traditional Chinese medicine in the USA through high quality of clinical service and high levels of education
- compile textbooks for oriental medicine colleges
- construct guidelines/recommendations for the optimization of clinical practices in the fields of oriental medicine and integrative medicine
- organize professional and academic conferences and lectures to enhance the efficacy and quality of care
- propose research idea, apply for funding opportunities, and carry out research studies in acupuncture and oriental medicine
- provide help, assistance, and guidance to alumni when needed